www.kooth.com is a free, anonymous, confidential website where young people can receive emotional and mental health support. The service is available 365 days a year up to 10pm at night.
KOOTH is suitable for any child or young person aged 11-19 and can offer support with the following:
- Family problems
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety & depression
- Self harm
Spectrum provide contraception and sexual health services free of charge in a discreet, confidential and non-judgemental environment.
The following services are available:
- STI testing (including HIV)
- STI treatment
- Cervical screening
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Free condoms
The service can be accessed in Trinity Walk shopping centre located next to Asda Living.
For further information contact 01924 327586 or visit www.spectrumhealth.org.uk
Change, Grow, Live (Cgl) is a drug and alcohol service for young people aged 18 and under who provide free, friendly and confidential support if you or some else is worried about drug or alcohol use.
Cgl are located in the Prospects office on Cross Street next door to the Wakefield Hospice shop. The office is open 9am to 5pm, but they can offer appointments in the community, at school or college, wherever suits you best.
For further information contact 01924 371579 or email [email protected]
STAR is a bereavement support service for young people aged 4 – 19 years in Wakefield. Support can be offered on a one to one basis or in a group setting.
Below are some of the things that STAR can offer:
- Exploring feelings through talking, games and activities
- Finding ways to adjust, adapt and move forward
- Exploring memories through memory boxes, books etc.
- Creative activities: painting, crafts and drawing
- Exploring positives in life, focusing on confidence building
- Supporting each other and meeting other bereaved young people
- Time out and trips to the theatre, Xscape etc.